November 13, 2008

From Cyclingnews at La Ruta -
The anticipated battle with three-time Vuelta a Espana winner Roberto Heras (Giant) did not materialize, as the Spanish rider faltered on the climbs, finishing over 25 minutes behind in fifth place.

"I didn't know about all the hills," said Heras. "There were so many up-hills and down-hills. But now that I have experienced it, I feel more positive for the next stages."

Jamie in Costa Rica, see the hills

Now I've never done La Ruta, but I have been to Costa Rica. The inland of Costa Rica you are either going straight up, or straight down. Well, maybe not straight up, more like twisty up, twisty down, but for sure you're driving in 2nd gear going up, and down, it's that steep. I found it hilarious this morning when I read the update and the quote from Heras, did the guy actually travel all the way to Costa Rica to do possibly the hardest mtn bike race in the world without actually doing any research into how hard, or how much climbing there was? I wonder what he'll say after he hike a bikes for 2 hours up a slimy hillside. Maybe he should give Sager a call for some advice.

Check out my garage for some items I'm putting up for sale. I've got tons of Trek clothing I need to get rid of - SS jerseys, LS thermal jerseys, vests, jackets, and lots of skinsuites short and long sleeve. Let me know if you want anything, it's all going on Ebay otherwise. Also I am selling a nice Alpha Q cross fork, check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

racing this weekend?