April 6, 2008

The Last....

I've been hearing these two words pretty often over the last couple of days. I even had a "Freedom Ride" on Saturday to celebrate the last weekend of riding single. It's exciting. The ride was good too, got in almost a century but after 5 1/2 hours in the saddle I was still 4 miles short... close enough. It was so windy the averages were down a little but after my second consecutive week over 20 hours in the saddle, what's an extra 4 miles gonna do? This week I hope to cap off the training block with another 20+ hour week, not sure it will happen without the weekend, but if all goes well I might even get out Saturday for a "prenuptial" ride. Then I have a few days on the beach to recover during destination honeymoon.


Watching Tour of Flanders today made me feel pretty weak for only getting in 96 miles in 5 1/2 hours, it would take me about 10 hours to get in 164 like those guys, man that's nuts. It's a little different watching those cobbled climbs after being on them, they don't look half as steep on TV as they really are.

Tuesday I meet with Planet Bike and my new mountain bike sponsor. I'll be riding GT bicycles and should have a good fleet of them for the upcoming season. Zaskar Team, Marathon Team and a GTR Carbon road bike. Can't wait to get those in and setup, hopefully they were shipped last week and will be in before I leave to check out. It will be nice to get off the beat winter bike that barely shifts from the road grime built up on the chain and cassette onto something light and smooth. I'm pretty excited about the new bikes and the season coming up after the wedding, it's going to be great!

4 comments:

joeyTWOwheels said...

The last blog entry as a single...

Congrats and good luck.

Sarah Lukas said...

COngratulations and hope everything rocks for you guys!

Biwan said...

Wow, I'm glad I'm taking a year and a half to plan our wedding. Good to hear about the new rigs, hope all goes well this season.

Josh and Lauren said...

You've come full circle back to riding a GT eh? Maybe you oughtta break out that old Timberline FS and rock the circuit with that! Or maybe not....