November 11, 2006

Lower Allen Classic UCI - 8th

I've been watching Wisco's weather this weekend, looked pretty nazzty on Friday. Not here though, the last three days it's been upper 60s and today was in the low 70s, it felt almost hot while we were racing!
Today wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it wasn't horrible. I was riding at the front for the first 2 laps with Powers, White, and Frattini but when Powers took over I was gapped and drifted back to chase 1. I was feeling pretty comfortable I thought and the gap wasn't huge to the first group, maybe only 10 seconds, so I sat on the back and recovered for a few laps. 1/2 through with 6 laps to go I made an effort to go across but ended up in no man's land and suffered pretty hard. I was brought back with like 4 or 5 to go and just couldn't recover, I was sitting on the back of the group trying to go through the corner smooth to make up for my power loss but ended up gapping mysef off and losing the group. I was pretty blown, I didn't realize it at first, but then I started getting really dizzy and sleepy tired and knew I had blown up. I think I felt that way from being slightly oxygen deprived and dehydrated at the same time, it's a strange feeling, like your head keeps getting higher and higher off your shoulders. Anyway, I tried to keep it rolling, Horner went past me half way through the last lap to take 7th and I limped my way in for 8th.
It looks like it's supposed to rain tomorrow so that might help me out a bit, I think I'll feel better tomorrow, I usually feel really good one day and not so good the other so I'm hoping today was the not so good day. We'll see
Lights out

1 comment:

Mike said...

At least you weren't here in mudland! And you were in front of Horner. Matter made us look stupid today. That's all I've got.