August 19, 2005

Ore to Shore - the preride

After a later start than planned Brian M. and I made it up to Marquette, MI late this afternoon. It's a pretty easy drive of 4 hours which is pretty nice, I think it's actually shorter than most peoples. We pre-rode the last 9 miles out and back like usuall and then headed to some local resturaunt that makes their own pasta noodles. It was pretty good and I'm now ready to race with the fuel tank full.

It rained up here today but it didn't change the course at all since it's 100% sand. One year we rode through a foot of water in one section but I don't think its rained that much to do that again. I'm hoping the race splits up early like it did last year with maybe 3 or 4 of us up there so that the road sections aren't so brutal. We'll see what happens.

It's going to be an early breakfast and then drive to the start so I better get the sand cleaned off my chain and my camelback filled. That's right, it's definitely a camelback race - marathon style tomorrow!!

Peace

No comments: