August 13, 2005

A blog

This morning's breakfast ride was pretty good. I haven't done too many this year so to get out with the guys and cruise out to Kiel for breakfast was pretty good.

Last night I used my frequent flyer miles for a flight back out to none other than Denver. I guess I'm doing a 24 hour race with the Trek boyz next month in Granby, CO. It's part of the Kona 24hr global series and this is the only North American visit. I've never done a 24hr race before but the race director is comping our entrance fee and it's got a $4000 prize for 1st so I guess it's time to give it a shot. It should be pretty good, we'll have a mechanic, someone to cook, and a trailer for everything else so we should be set. I don't think it should be that brutal doing it with 3 other people, at least I hope!

I didn't get to go to Calumet today to pre-ride. It looks like it has been raining there today so I'm glad I got my Bontrager Jones set up for the slippy grass thats going to decribe the race if it stays damp or rains overnight. I'll be ready with two sets of wheels if it drys though so whatever. I hope the race isn't too fast, I haven't done a fast race in awhile. All the NORBA races are just grinders with 40 minutes of climbing and 10 minutes of descending. WORS races are more like the World Cups with short laps and smaller, steeper climbs and a much faster pace. At least it won't be at 8,000ft though so you don't have to worry about blowing up.

C ya at the race this weekend!

1 comment:

Jeff Kerkove said...

24 Hour Races = Good Times!