July 12, 2008

Slow Week

Last weekend wasn't what I was hoping for at the Firecracker. I felt really good for the first lap and well within myself riding with Travis and Marko, I even crashed pretty hard and came back up to those guys, but then everything just fell apart and I could barely get out of my own way. This week has been a planned recovery week and it comes at a good time after a performance like that.

My plan earlier this year was to go out to mountain bike nationals this week but things just haven't worked out that great in the racing department just yet so I guess the plan is to stay home and hopefully keep training and building for this fall. I've struggled quite a bit in June and July the last two seasons, I don't know if it's an allergy thing or what, but when it kicks in there isn't much to do and my legs feel like a pile of rocks. Hopefully the rest week came at a good time and I can continue to train, things have been going ok in that department and I've been getting in some decent workouts.

The tour has been awesome so far, even the sprint stages have been exciting with breaks staying away and the flatter stages are even getting blown apart. This is the first year I have cable and it's great getting up and catching the tour for a few hours, it's hard to get out the door for a ride though before 10am since it's on so early.


Jamie and my sister did the 5 mile run on the 4th of July, they're training for a 1/2 marathon later in August, I think they ran more this week than I rode. There is no way in the world I would ever run 12 miles though, that just seems way too painful - you can't even coast on the downhills! They seem to like it though so that's cool.

1 comment:

Dano said...

I say... "only run when your being chased".