February 14, 2008

ShAspin???

If you haven't already, I'd definitely suggest it's time to give up on the ten speeds for a while and just admit spring training isn't going to go as planned this year.

We've given Sheboygan some pretty good nicknames over the years - Shavegas, Shabordem, Shafrica, but I've come up with another for the winter of '08 - ShAspin. With accumulations approaching record highs and fresh pow pow almost daily, the only thing missing is some high speed ski lifts, a half pipe, and oh yeah, some mountains. But hey, here in Shabratfest we've all been told already" we don't need no stinkin' mountains" haven't we.

I felt like I needed back country skis a few times today, I had to keep reminding myself it definitely wasn't any elevation that was causing my heavey weezing, but more likely my lack of fitness.

I can't remember a winter where we actually had snow to play in continously throughout the year. Normally Wisconsin winter is cold, then warm, then cold, then really cold, then really warm and mostly just miserable since there is typically not enough snow to do anything with it, but too much on the roads to make riding any fun. This year it's been all snow all the time and it's pretty cool. I wonder how long it's going to take to melt all this snow when I decide on getting back in shape?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dano said...

Nice......

JJ said...

I am hoping to get my last ski at Greenbush on good Friday.

Anonymous said...

Things must have hit rock bottom for you since you've resorted to coffee...

scott kj