October 2, 2007

Fired Up

Photos Courtesy of Madcross.org
I'll tell ya what, after a slow summer, feeling strong during a race really fires ya up. Going fast is fun and I finally had the feeling of going fast again last weekend. I'm looking forward to the Sheboygan race this weekend, as two time defending champ I'd really like to keep the title another year, but I know it's going to be one of the toughest years to do it and I'm going to need every bit of fast I have to hang. The weather looks like it could be interesting and maybe play a factor, I've already got tire combinations in mind if it's wet and muddy which I'll try out tomorrow. That course is really slippery when wet, but really slow if muddy and it's been dry the last few years so it could be quite different if we keep getting rain.

3 comments:

Mike said...

OK, looks like you and Jesse will be duking it out this wknd...though he's got a fresh writeup in VeloNews motivating him. Should be interesting.. Oh whoops forgot to mention Matter in there. Sorry Brian!

Dano said...

Heard Simonson is coming too....

Anonymous said...

glad you are feeling better