May 23, 2007

What's Next?

It seems my form is starting to come around a little bit finally so I'm planning on heading down to Burlington, IA this weekend for some of the Memorial Weekend crits down there. Last time I was there was 2004 or 5, I can't remember but I did pretty well at Snake Alley and if ever I were to win a big crit, I think that's the one I could actually do it on. I love that race, it's like doing a short track on a road bike.
I spent a few minutes today putting together my carbon Bontrager crank that fits a 36/50 chainring especially for the Snake. Last time I think I had a 27t on the rear, I can't seem to find it but I think this will work better. Hopefully I don't spin out the 50 on the downhill, although I don't think I usually even pedal on that part so it should work good.

I'm looking for a travel / hotel buddy to cut costs if anyone is interested in going down for a few days from the area, let me know.
T

3 comments:

Biwan said...

Run an 11t. A 50x11 is a larger gear than a 53x12. Those cross skills may come handy on the first lap when someone crashes in front of you, and you can hurdle over the people on the grass!

D A N O said...

I'll buy that crank from ya when your done with it......

Anonymous said...

I spy a box of pria bars in the background....i knew you were a woman