May 23, 2007

What's Next?

It seems my form is starting to come around a little bit finally so I'm planning on heading down to Burlington, IA this weekend for some of the Memorial Weekend crits down there. Last time I was there was 2004 or 5, I can't remember but I did pretty well at Snake Alley and if ever I were to win a big crit, I think that's the one I could actually do it on. I love that race, it's like doing a short track on a road bike.
I spent a few minutes today putting together my carbon Bontrager crank that fits a 36/50 chainring especially for the Snake. Last time I think I had a 27t on the rear, I can't seem to find it but I think this will work better. Hopefully I don't spin out the 50 on the downhill, although I don't think I usually even pedal on that part so it should work good.

I'm looking for a travel / hotel buddy to cut costs if anyone is interested in going down for a few days from the area, let me know.
T

3 comments:

Biwan said...

Run an 11t. A 50x11 is a larger gear than a 53x12. Those cross skills may come handy on the first lap when someone crashes in front of you, and you can hurdle over the people on the grass!

Dano said...

I'll buy that crank from ya when your done with it......

Anonymous said...

I spy a box of pria bars in the background....i knew you were a woman