October 2, 2005

Two Scoops of W's

Photo from Madcross.org
Quote of the day:
Wher'ed everyone go, this isn't very hard???

2nd quote of the day:
We should run these barriers instead of
bunnyhopping just to make it harder!
Matt Kelly


Fall Color Festival
Photo courtesy of
Fattires-n-beer

You can't complain about your weekend too much when you win two races back to back.
Saturday was the Fall Color festival which I guess isn't a "race", it's a "timed event" but I'll still chalk it up in the "W" column since we had numbers pinned on. 3 laps of the blue loop ( or two, and one of the green if you're Sarah Kylander-Johnson) for a 30 mile, 2 hour race.
It was pretty fun actually. I didn't know the trail and it wasn't marked at all ( ask Sarah) so I let the locals rip it up for the first 2 laps before I got the local lines dialed in and had to push the pace a bit. This one dude on a single speed was going pretty fast too, I didn't even know he was on a single speed till I saw him after the race. He got 2nd!

Hung out at the Kelly's Saturday night and Matt showed me a bit of the local Lake Mills scene, pretty standard Wisconsin I guess.
Sunday Matt and I headed to Delafield for opening day of Wisconsin cross racing. The start line looked to be pretty promising for a good hard race, Bryan Smith, Jordan R., Ehrendale F., Blue jersey dude, Matt Kelly, and Myself but 30 feet into the race it was blown apart with just 3 of us. After the first lap I attack, Matt jumps on my wheel and it's race over. We pretty much chill for the next 45 minutes as the gap grows. Finally with 2 laps to go Matt attacks and it's game on. We go back and forth a few times before Matt throws down one last shot. I was able to stick to the wheel and the second he sat down I blasted past him gaining about 20 feet. I was able to hold it over the last barrier bunny hop and around the last few corners to take the win AND the free burrito!
Anyway, it was a pretty fun weekend of racing and hanging out. Hopefully my legs hold that form now for Sheboygan next Sunday, I could actually afford to BUY the burrito if I can win that!
Tristan

No comments: